<$BlogRSDURL$>

11.28.2002

a falling star
beware: this entry may be a little sad, just so you know.
i ended up getting off from work on wednesday after all. i got a call from the office manager saying it would be cool if i took the day off cause she would just handle whatever needed to get done. she called me pretty earlier in the morning, so from that point on, me and andy just started getting ready to leave. we lagged, so we didn't leave until noon, but we still needed to run a billion errands and drop a bunch of stuff off. anyway, this wasn't the point of the entry....
so, andy and i are driving along to arizona and we are having fun and laughing and all that good stuff. i ended up taking a short little nap right before yuma, but since we had a lot of gas, we just drove on through yuma and weren't going to stop until casa grande. anyway, so we stopped at casa grande for gas, and by the time we left there, it was already dark. so, andy is just listening to his music and since i couldn't crochet anymore since there was no more light, i just sat there. and you know when you are just sitting there and it is quiet and you just start thinking. well, this happens to me a lot and typically, i start thinking about my dad. and it's tough, you know, espcially around the holidays. it's really weird, it has been over 4 years, and sometimes i still can't believe that my dad isn't here. like he's still not going to come back from this "vacation." me and andy start talking about it and we were talking about how i can be out, and just get a glimpse of a filipino man who has the same build as my dad did, and i have to take a double-take and make sure that it isn't him. when i know damn well that it isn't. and i guess maybe in that split second, i can pretend that maybe my dad is still here, but he's just been hiding and look! i just found him. but i know this isn't true. so, after all that, and i was okay, we're just driving along and we're both just quiet and what did i see? a falling star. and i guess maybe my dad was just trying to tell me that everything was okay and maybe that he really is here after all. so, that's my story.

me and andy are in arizona now, and we have to start getting ready for our day of thanksgivings. we have many a thanksgiving party to attend, so it is time to go. happy turkey day one and all. gobble, gobble.