<$BlogRSDURL$>

1.08.2003

the power of subtle persuasion
today has been kinda weird. i could not wake up this morning to get up and go to the lab, so i finally woke up a little after 8:30am (i'm supposed to be there at 9am..teehee) took a shower and was ready to leave at 9:05am. i get in my car thinking i will be there at 9:30am with no problem, but somehow i hit the bitchload of traffic on la jolla village drive. it took me almost half an hour to go about 4 blocks. and i was about to call them, but decided that made me look flaky, so i was just gonna keep going... but then, i see the traffic still on la jolla drive that is trying to get to north torrey pines road and realized that was going to take me another 20 minutes. i ended up calling the lab and said that i had been stuck in traffic and that there was still more traffic to go and i was just going to turn around and go home. and since nothing was going on today that needed my help, it was no big deal. so then, i started thinking about egg salad because one of my co-workers had mentioned it the other day. that's what the power of subtle persuasion is about. she just had to mention it and i had a mad craving for it. so i called crissy to ask her if they sell egg salad samiches at submarina and she said they didn't so i decided i was just going to make it myself, even if that meant i had to go to the grocery store on my way home. as i'm driving to the vons, crissy calls me and said now she wanted egg salad, too, so i told her she could come over and have some with me since i was making some. so, we had egg salad samiches and they were hella good. eggs, mayo, mustard, cucumbers, dill relish, red onion, salt, pepper, and paprika. that's my recipe and kinda just a combo of different recipes i saw on the internet. so, i got to work and everyone is pretty chill because the VP is at our corporate office in irvine. our marketing guy was trying to clean out his office since it has a crapload of holiday giveaway stuff, and he gave me two more of the chocolate shaped like champage bottles, and since he was giving me that, he gave me a basket that had been torn apart, but still had white wine and a few other neat things. it's nice that my desk is right by his office. :) anyway, i learned a few things today, information that just kinda fell into my lap. first of all, this 6th season of sex & the city that is supposed to start in february or march is supposed to be it's last.... sooooo sooo sad. i love that show. :( also, i found out that san diego is one of the cities that already has nationwide nextel direct connect.:) that's cool! to be able to use the walkie-talkie feature outside of your home area rocks, but you can't use it unless your home area has it (which obviously it does) and the area you're in has it (which will most typically be arizona) and they don't have it yet. it is saying in february that the phoenix/tucson area will have it and when it does, we will be able to direct connect andy's mom, which i think is super. and when we are there, we'll be able to direct connect my sister and ronald while they are here. pretty fancy! and another bit of information i got from andy. i don't want to go too much into it, but it's about andy's marine buddies and it just kinda sucks. well, this day has gone painfully slow, so that's probably all for me. i'm ready to go home.