<$BlogRSDURL$>

12.08.2005

if you've been an avid reader of my blog, you know that i've been having trouble at my job. it finally came to blows (figuratively) yesterday.

robin, my project coordinator/co-worker, and i walked out of our job. we turned in our keys during lunch and said we weren't coming back. i actually turned in my notice on tuesday, giving 2 1/2 weeks of notice, but a series of events occurred, actually one in particular, and it was literally the last straw.

i have never walked out of a job before, and it is absolutely not the way to conduct yourself in business matters, and as a result of that, i feel like shit. but at the same time, i realize my only other option was to stick it out, with a cowardly, ball-less bastard of a boss until the end. and when you look at it that way, it's not really an option. as predicted, andy was not angry with me for walking out of that place and resigning my extra 2 weeks of pay, but was actually confused as to why i was crying and so distraught. no explanation, really. it was almost like i was finally releasing all of the bullshit that i had been trying to be tough about. this really feels like the toughest decision i've ever made in my life, and i'm sure in retrospect, i will look back and wonder why it hadn't been crystal clear.

i'm going to join my 2 ex-coworkers this morning at 6am before the boss gets in to tie up the loose ends that i can. and after that, at 3pm, i have a job interview.

god has a plan. please make it obvious sooner than later.