<$BlogRSDURL$>

3.23.2004

an interesting radio thought... 

so, i'm having a pretty atypical type of day. we've been testing a shitload of twins lately and it is certainly beginning to be DRAINING. anyway, i could have taken a day off, but i decided i was either going to try to just work through it (i have so much work that i'm backed up on - but check me out as i BLOG!) or take a half day. anyway, andy had to report to jury duty today and i decided i was just going to drop him off downtown and hoping that he would get released by lunchtime, I would just go down there and we could have lunch at Bandar and I would take the rest of the day off. anyway, that didn't work out... i don't feel like typing out the whole thing, but my point was... on my way after dropping him off and on my way to work, i was listening to 93.3. so they were talking about "eternal sunshine" regarding the whole erasing your memory deal (we saw it on saturday, btw, and it was very interesting) and i don't remember how this quote had anything to do with anything, but i think it is very poignant when you think about it...

"The world would be a better place if only people could just remember that every single person has a story to tell about themselves that could break your heart."

wow, i thought. i think if i could incorporate that into my own daily life, i could definitely be a more compassionate person. on any given day, i can go about my day and if i'm having a bad day i just do my thing... get irritated with other drivers on the road, etc., and how often do we (myself, really) stop to think about what kind of day (or life) that other person may be having.

i'm not saying that there aren't rude asshole people out there that really just deserve a punch in the gut, but at least maybe it's worth a 2nd thought. LOL... interesting, interesting.