<$BlogRSDURL$>

8.05.2005

going to phoenix for gas 

it really makes me crazy how often i realize my brain doesn't function the way a normal person's would. i try to explain things to my co-workers and they just look at me and say "i have no idea how to follow what you're saying" and i just make them more confused. i have no idea why it's logical in MY head. it just is. this actually happens to me on a regular basis. i say things to andy and he just looks at me and he tries to repeat it back to me and it's all confused and wrong. but that's because i say it all confused and wrong. are you following me?

the other day, i had to cut some foam board that was 60x40. it needed to be 33 1/2 x 43. i get a measuring tape and start making marks at the designated spots. then i stare at it and can't figure out what i need to do next. it just didn't make sense to me. i couldn't figure out where to make the marks so that i could make the cuts. i looked at neneng and was like "um, i'm confused. i have no idea what i need to do now." and neneng goes "yeah, i don't know why your brain works like that." there's just no logic to it for me. i used to say that i was spatially challenged, but really, i think it's across the board. my brain just works all screwy. but i think i'm fairly bright and intelligent. i wonder why one doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the other.