<$BlogRSDURL$>

2.21.2006

day 1, week 2 

beauty school is a funny place. i don't know how else to describe it. and me being there is even funnier. i hope we're almost done with nails soon and the rumor is that we are going to start haircutting one week from now. pretty awesome, right? i like to describe the pace that move at in beauty school is like dog years compared to human years. they just don't waste time up in that place.

i can't say that i'm 100% completely positive that this is the right place for me, but i also know that it took every ounce of courage in my body to at least try it out. i never imagined that at 27 years old, i'd be questioning what i was going to do with my life and be at such a vulnerable place. i guess i'm not really at a vulnerable place, it's not as if i have zero skills, but it's terrifying to feel like i'm starting all over again.

but anyway, did i mention that my "unofficial" partner in beauty school is an ex-stripper? FASCINATING!