<$BlogRSDURL$>

2.27.2003

some good, some bad

yesterday was kind of a lame day.... but that's not really what i wanted to blog about. andy's friend's wife (heather) is bringing in their son to the lab that i volunteer for at UCSD. anyway, the two of them were in yesterday and when we were done, we just kinda sat there and luke (the baby) sat on top of the table and i just played with a ball with him. as heather was getting up to get her stuff ready and me and luke were playing, i was handing luke the ball, and he kinda just pushed it down and grabbed my hands. i didn't quite know what he was doing, but he put my hands down then held out his arms to reach out for me like he wanted me to pick him up... AWWWWWW!!!! i couldn't handle it. it was adorable. i told him he made my day, then he proceeded to give me wet kisses on my face. it made me happy. there is just something so genuine and cute when little babies start to reach out for people. i mean, it's not as if i had just met luke, cause you will not catch the babies at the lab just regularly doing that kinda stuff, but it was neat. andy's niece, janessa, reached out for me when she was little, too. she did it before she ever reached out to andy. jen and andy's mom say that she had never done that to anyone, but i don't really believe them. it's funny, when babies start to get a little older, they begin to get super attached to their mothers, and that reaching out thing to other people lessens... but when they are this age, it's just cool. well, i'm almost ready to leave work. i think i'm gonna go to the daily mass at 5:30p.m. at good shepherd. i think i need to do a little soul-searching. anyway, i'm done. my point of my blog was that i had a shitty day yesterday, but i also had something really good happen to me, too. you take the good with the bad, i guess. there's a perspective in there somewhere... i just need to find it.