<$BlogRSDURL$>

4.08.2003

high school reunion

i had the most bizarre dream last night. i dreamt that i went to my high school reunion. and of course, it's not the kind of thing where i go "wait, my high school reunion isn't for another 3 years. what kind of dream is this?" well, the high school reunion part wasn't really the strangest part. the strange part was that i was at home getting ready to go and someone who had been to the reunion, came to my house to tell me that this girl... who i used to go to elementary school with at williams told people things about my life. and not just ordinary joe blow kinda things, but things about my life that are little sore spots that i don't particulary like. the girl's name was charlene mccallister, and the weird part was that i didn't even know her for that long and she didn't even live on the base for a long time so it's not as if she was a major part of my life. BUT the thing about her was that i was completely envious of this girl. i'm talking, this was WAY back, like in the 2nd or 3rd grade. i look back now, and i guess she had the life i wanted... she just seemed like she had everything, and she was so put together and all the guys liked her. and now that i think about it, i think she was just being raised by her mom, and who knows what even happened to her, so she probably didn't even have this life that i needed to envy. but i guess that's the thing about being jealous of other people... those other people probably don't even have it as good as you may think they do so it's pointless to sit there and want what someone else has. but anyway, back to my dream.... so i finally get ready and head on over to the reunion. strangely enough, andy doesn't go to it with me and i bring crissy. i don't know what that was about, but that's just the way it happened. and i even remember thinking... "i'm gonna have to explain to people why andy's not with me and i brought my cousin as my date." not that i hate crissy, but i didn't even have an explanation as to why andy wasn't with me. so, i go and as i'm walking in, i see jeff (yes, jeff from the good old high school days) and we exchange our cordial "hey, how's it going" type deals and i ask him if he's heard anything about me. and he tells me all the stuff he's heard about what charlene is telling everyone. so, crissy and i walk in searching for charlene. but we never find her... and i don't talk to anyone else in there. actually, maybe i did talk to people, but i don't remember who they were, and i don't even think they were people i went to high school with. so crissy and i leave to go to starbucks. we're in line getting coffee and who do i see? andrea's mom... yes, my old best friend's mom is in line at starbucks and i start chit-chatting with her. she tells me how andrea's doing and asks me about the reunion, and that's all i remember from that dream. i wonder what it means??? it's just so crazy.

has anyone else noticed that time seems to fly now that we've changed our clocks? or is that just me?..... it's probably just me.