<$BlogRSDURL$>

12.03.2003

it's a good handwriting day. 

do you have those? like you start writing and you go "wow, my handwriting looks really good today!" well, i have those. and i also have days where i say to myself "oooh, did my handwriting get ugly while i was sleeping?" apparently, you can tell that my handwriting is fairly important to me. it probably all stems from the fact that when i was learning how to write cursive my mom rode my back like there was no tomorrow because she said i had ugly handwriting. she was pretty mean about it. then, my cousin in the philippines who is 5 months older than me would write me letters, i would have to hear about it until kingdom come that she had much nicer handwriting than me. how traumatic. but now my mom admits that i have nicer handwriting than her (my mom, not my cousin - i don't know how she feels about my handwriting now in comparison to my cousin). did her tormenting pay off? is there some credit to being mean to your children so they become better people? hmmm... this sounds like crazy talk. lol... i'm really not traumatized. but my mom did used to run after me telling me my crazy hair looked like medusa and that i needed to comb it. and i guess some people would say i'm fairly obsessed with my hair by looking at all the hair products i buy. oh, the way parents affect their children. it's fascinating. i LOVE psychology.

oooooh! my very first application is due in a week and a half. it's an online application and i registered all of my recommenders to do their letters online and one of my professors already submitted her letter!!!! how exciting!!! :) one down, two to go and the other two shouldn't take too much longer after that first one. i'm so glad that only one of my applications is due before christmas, then two are due after new years, and the rest will be middle of january. luckily, when those 3 are due, i won't be dealing with holiday craziness simultaneously. grad school definitely feels like it is within my grasp and i'm so excited. :)

andy and i watched 'love actually' last night. he didn't hate it as much as he thought he would, i guess. i think i was hoping it would be a little better. i think i heard from EVERYONE about how great it was, so maybe i was expecting a little more. it was really good, though, i just don't think i should have walked in with such high expectations. it was really so cute and so sweet. love is great.... even though sometimes it is AGONY. :) that little boy was too cute! :)