<$BlogRSDURL$>

6.21.2005

snorkeling and jelly fish stings 

i'm burnt to a crisp. we were on a boat today for at least 7 hours. i'm not really sure how long we were out there, mostly because it's difficult to keep track of time when your watch is 2 hours ahead and you refuse to change it to local time. anyway, it was a really long ass day and i'm fried. (btw, it's very difficult to use a keyboard in mexico because some of the buttons are different. why that suprises me? i'm not sure)

oow, i just figured out how to enter to a new line. damn, this is tough.

anyway, i went snorkeling for the first time in my life. it was interesting. it was also interesting that i got stung THREE TIMES on my arm by a JELLYFISH. WTF????? the best part is that i was trying to be tough and stayed in the water until other people were like "i got stung!" then i was like "okay, this is nuts... i probably got stung, i'm getting out." it hurt like a mother. nobody got to pee on me, but i did put vinegar on my arm. andy got to go snuba diving with his dad, and had a grand time.

my espanol is getting better. yeah, right. i sneak out what i've got so far and everyone is like "wow, good job." and i tell them it's because i'm in the spanish immersion program here. being here has made me really evaluate what i'm like in a different country. it's not very easy to adapt. there's food here that i want to try, but then i remember how chicken and germaphobic i am and i change my mind. lame.

i think me and andy are gonna go back up to our hotel room soon. it's 3oo pesos for half an hour at this internet cafe. that's equivalent to $3. i need to get out of here because it still feels like i'm on the boat and i can't seem to find my center of gravity. we're gonna go next door to the market and get some haagen dazs ice cream... ah, the comforts of home.

muy bien.