<$BlogRSDURL$>

3.14.2003

this isn't funny, you bastards

is the universe trying to play this painfully cruel joke on me???? okay, it isn't that severe, but how are things just not moving my way today? the planets must be out of alignment or something, cause if one more thing screws up, i'm just gonna go home and bury my head in the covers. i got up this morning with a pretty good feeling i was going to get my federal tax return today. in this nifty day and age of online banking and direct deposits, all i had to do was log in to my bank account and check if it was deposited. i usually don't do that in the morning if i have to get up early, but like i said... i had a feeling. so i open my account and guess what? i was right... yes, there was a federal tax return deposit into my account.... but guess what else? instead of being the triple digit figure of how much i was supposed to get back.... i got a 1 digit figure and some change.... CHANGE??? there's no change in your tax return. so, let's say i was supposed to get back $111 (which i didn't, but i'm using this as an example) instead, they gave me $1.11. neneng called them and they told her that it must have been a decimal mixup... of course, the mixup didn't occur in my favor giving me $1,111. and then they told her that they must have also lost my W-2's, so i need to resend them and this bullshit could take another 3 WEEKS. those bastards. so of course, i get off the phone with neneng and as i'm doing that, i'm also checking my email. i emailed the archdiocese for the military because i'm trying to get a copy of my baptismal certificate since my mom says she never got one for me, and i need this to do my confirmation classes. i guess it's this place that houses copies of sacraments from people who have received these from military establishments, i.e. marriage certificates, baptismal certificates and the like from military chapels and whatnot. so, i get this email from them saying: "A search of our files does not seem to reveal a record of baptism for Marlou Mana-ay Nooris." do you hate me???? they want me to send more information, so who knows how long that's gonna take. what the hell??? i don't know. i just don't get it. i called andy to tell him about my tax return and he said he was going to make some calls. hopefully, he can find out something better so i don't have to wait another frickin 3 weeks. because with all this, i'm losing my "yay, it's friday" cheery disposition.... and if you want me to put a smile on my face and start singing "the sun will come out... tomorrow...." you can FUGGEDABOUDIT.