<$BlogRSDURL$>

9.24.2003

and now we're back to good news 

i went to see the professor i've been volunteering for for the past year and a half to talk about graduate schools. i've been feeling pretty worried that all the schools i had on my "to apply to" list were probably all going to be really hard schools to get in and i was just gonna have to sit on my hands and be sad cause nobody wants to admit me into their school. but she reassured me that i will get into a program on my list. and that was good enough for me. i had 12 schools on my list and i cut 2 of them out because i was asking her about each school specifically, and she told me it would be worthwhile for me to cut them if i was trying to save money. and seeing as how i don't have the endless supply of cash to apply everywhere "just in case they do let me in", i've gotta be quite selective. basically, those two schools are competitive and REALLY tough to get into and she didn't really have the connections to pull some strings for me. and i needed her to be completely honest instead of trying to cushion the blow for me and be like "well, they MIGHT let you in." that's just a waste of time and money. but there is one school, with one faculty member that she does know that may help me alot, so that's really cool. i'm beginning to feel lots better about this application process. i even brought her my transcript grades, my GRE scores, and information about all the schools i was looking at just so she could give me a better picture of where i stand with all the schools i might apply to. it was so helpful, and i'm so glad i talked to her about it. whew... now i can wipe some of that sweat off my brow.